Have you ever looked for a formatting library that is
- type safe,
- standard conforming,
- has no dynamic memory allocations,
- no global state and
- no locks?
Sounds like too much to ask? If yes, read on.
This library was written after a long research and frustration of using existing formatting libraries. The design criteria were:
- Type safety — invalid format string must not cause undefined behavior.
- Standard conformance — code using C99 or POSIX printf should produce the same results after trivial refactoring (which doesn’t include change of the format string and/or argument list).
- Fast — to the degree possible given the above constraints.
- Conservative extensions — It should be easy for the user to switch back to alternative standard conforming printf implementations.
The library has achieved all of these goals to a great extent.
This project is hosted by SourceForge, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/stannum/. Bug reports and feature requests can be reported by creating a ticket.
The library is distributed under the GPLv2. License text is included in the distribution.